Saturday, September 29, 2007

Americans - They want to be different

I landed here in US a couple of months back and noticed that the Americans want themselves to be different. I observed that many a times and here is something that I will write and keep on updating as time goes.

You call it "Cold Drink" they call it "Soda"
You call it "Petrol" they call it "Gas"
You call it "Pin Code" they call it "Zip Code"
You measure it in "Kilometer" they measure it in "Miles"
You call it "Squash" they call it "Racket Ball"
You "Courier" it they "FedEx" it
You call it "Red Signal" they call it "Stop Light"
You call it "Overtaking" they call it "Passing"
You call it "Curd" they call it "Yogurt"
You send an "Email" they send a "Note"
You take a "Bath" they take a "Shower"

You call it "Accelerate" they call it "Step/Push on the Gas"

1 comment:

Pracs .. said...

this link will be very useful ..

http://esl.about.com/library/vocabulary/blbritam.htm