Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Kayaking

It all started at 7 in the morning and it all started on time :). We took I-44 to head to Huzzah Valley 90 miles from South County St. Louis. Yes, we wanted to have a shot at Kayaking and with no experience headed towards destination.

Huzzah valley was a typical country side, and you can notice that by the language the people speak there. I mean it was very difficult to understand what the people speak.

We reached there by 830 and hired 3 kayaks. Kayak is kind of a flat boat with only one person can sit in it. I was new to this kind of adventure. But I believe I have enough sportsperson in me that helped me to get on track very fast. I understood the technique very fast and it was fun them. That was my first fdriving experience in water :)

The deal was minimum 6 miles and max 10 miles. It was a bit overcast day and that did helped as we enjoyed the kayaking and the surroundings. The water was as shallow as 6 inches to as deep as 5 feet (Thats too less but i dont know swimming and neither had life jacket.).

And then came a moment when all of sudden there was a bit heavy downstream current. I lost the control and banged into the bank. And i tried to get my kayak to get out of it and splashhhhhhhhhh... it toppled. Thankfully it was not so deep and i got completely wet below waist. That taught me the lesson and then it was anice journey throughout.. 6 miles 3 and a half hours...phewww!!

Great Fun it was!!



No comments: